Sunday, March 23, 2014

Babz Buzz 032

Play Babz Buzz 032

In this edition Babz talks about:

  • Pitches
  • Being an agent
  • Wordsmiting
  • Deals
  • Public Domain
  • Prequels
  • Story Ideas
  • Thrillers
  • Drive
  • Profanity
  • Like...you know?
  • Noah

Discuss this show here.

Joining Writer Arena is free and easy. You can use Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or LinkedIn for easy registering and login. If you are having trouble registering please contact me. Check out the current scripts Babz is looking for here

Like Babz on Facebook or Follow Babz on Twitter.

Creative Commons license: Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0
Music provided by Incompetech
Babz Buzz is produced by Michael Cornetto

1 comment:

  1. Great show!

    *Prequels. That's the 'in' thing right now. Last year I loved Oz The Great & Powerful. This year I';m looking forward to Maleficent. If it is a hit, it wouldn't surprise me if the floodgates were opened.

    * Drive. Loved it but hated Only God Forgives. (Same actor and director) As far as profanity goes, I think it should be minimal at best, avoided where possible. I also believe it could limit a marketplace value., Plus, I woul think that if you read, say, 30 scripts with endless F bombs in them it would get a bit tiresome. Maybe it's just me though. Majority of profanity in films are ad-libbed anyway.

    *We see/hear. If I show, you see anyway. If something or someone makes a sound, I'm sure you'll hear it.

    * Noah. Y'know. 40 days and 40 Nights IS a long time to go without speaking. It's an interesting point. (I'm not the biggest Aronofsky fan, however - the director gets too New Age-y for me most of the time)

    *The "opposite" thing. You mean like what Sony is planning with the Spider-Man films? ("Sinister Six" spinoff?) because when I think "opposite" of Avengers (I'm assuming you mean the heroes and not John Steed/Emma Peel) I think villains. Would I be interested in taking a stab at it or something like that, you ask? I'm curious.

    ReplyDelete